Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I blog in spurts. I really thought this one (the "I'm going to be a dedicated political writer and post all my insightful ponderings for the world to see" spurt) would last, but apparently not. I apologize.

(Side note: This post has been sitting open on my laptop since Wednesday. In the middle of me writing it, some transformers on power lines exploded right outside of my house, causing us (my house, the whole campus, most of Alliance) to lose power for about 12 hours. Crazy. One of my housemates grabbed a video camera and if you would happen to want to see it, go here.)

Anyways, to make up for lost time, here's some cool stuff I've been listening to:

There's a musician named Carly Comando that has an absolutely beautiful piano song entitled "everyday," which was written for a really cool video by an artist/photographer named Noah Kalina who has been taking a picture of himself every day for six years, and has compiled them all into a video. I find the song to be absolutely beautiful, and one night I actually put it on repeat while I slept. Anyways, here's her myspace and the song is available on itunes.


There's a pretty sweet Jazz band out there called Sex Mob... I don't know who's listened or if I'm just wayyy behind the times with this one, but I've downloaded some of their stuff and I can't stop listening to it. It's got some serious funk.

And before I go, you have to check out Paolo Nutini (if you haven't already, that is). You won't regret it.

For all I know this could all be old news. If it's not, give 'em a shot.

That's all I have for now.

Namaste.

No comments: